55 Weeks Old
I am 55 weeks old today. Mealtimes continue to be rather challenging for both Mom and I. Mom had to keep me occupied at each mealtime so that she can sneak the spoon into my mouth. Somehow, these few days, I just don't want to be fed with spoons. So Mom used her hands to feed me, be it a solid and easy to hold food like pasta, or even the mushy types like porridge. Mealtime can drag to 1 hour too. And most of the time, even after 1 hour, I still don't finish my meal. Mom is definitely not happy.I like to self-feed using my hands, and this can occupy me for sometime while Mom tries to feed me from her own bowl. But I get bored easily and will start to play with the food or throw my utensils down from my table.
Worried about my weight gain, last Sunday, Mom decided to replace one of my milk feeding with Pediasure, a formula milk designed for fussy eaters like me. She also decided to reduce my milk intake, so that I would take more of my solid food.
Well apart from all these, there are 'good' achievements too :-) I can now call Mama (I used to call Papa only). I can drink my milk from my straw cup. I like walking alot now, although I still need to hold on to someone's hand. I clap my hands when I hear music. I can open up my hand when I want to ask for things. I take showers now instead of bath (I only take bath when it is late at night or when I am not well). When someone says "Ke Tou" (literally means in Chinese: knock the head), I will nod forward and knock my head gently to the other person's head (forehead to forehead) :-D It is just a small game that my Po Po taught me.
Well apart from all these, there are 'good' achievements too :-) I can now call Mama (I used to call Papa only). I can drink my milk from my straw cup. I like walking alot now, although I still need to hold on to someone's hand. I clap my hands when I hear music. I can open up my hand when I want to ask for things. I take showers now instead of bath (I only take bath when it is late at night or when I am not well). When someone says "Ke Tou" (literally means in Chinese: knock the head), I will nod forward and knock my head gently to the other person's head (forehead to forehead) :-D It is just a small game that my Po Po taught me.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home