Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, July 27, 2007

Sleep Updates

'Til now, I have been sleeping in my own room. Usually my night routine goes like this:
- After a nice warm bath, Mom puts on my pyjama on me and then she puts me in her room, on the bed to play.
- While I am playing, Mom prepares milk (her expressed breastmilk) in a bottle, and warms it for me to drink.
- I drink milk from the bottle. At first I only drank less than 60ml. But gradually I can drink more up to 180ml now. However, I don't finish the whole bottle at once. I would drink about 20ml, then play or move around, drink again, play again, and so on until I start to feel full and sleepy.
- After Mom senses that I don't want anymore milk, she will brush my teeth.
- Mom kisses me goodnight. And then usually Dad will bring me to my room, say a night prayer together and accompany me until I fall asleep.
- I will sleep for about 8 hours straight. Usually I will sleep at about 10-11PM, and wake up at 7-8AM the next morning.
I am still unable to sleep on my own in my own bedroom. So Mom or Dad will still have to accompany me until I sleep. However, once I am put in my cot, most of the time I will be able to sleep on my own. Once in a while, I would still wake up at 4 or 5 AM. If that happens, usually Mom will bring me from my room to hers, and put me to sleep next to her without breastfeeding me. So far, this seldom happens, and Mom happily says that I have been able to sleep again without having to breastfeed :-)
Mom has also been training me to drink from the bottle for my last milk of the day. It is also to prepare me for weaning (well, Mom plans to start weaning me once I turn 1 year old).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home