Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Good Bye, Gong Gong

My dearest Gong Gong passed away last Saturday, on 21st June, at Changi General Hospital in Singapore. Gong Gong got sick when he was on a trip to China the week before. We were all terribly saddened by this, but at the same time we are at peace to know that Gong Gong is now with God where he will not be sick anymore.

We all flew back to Jakarta the next day to bring Gong Gong back for the funeral. The 5 days and 4 nights of funeral were so blessed and there were so many visitors that came to pay their respect. Gong Gong was cremated on Friday, 27th June.
Gong Gong is a very much loved grandfather by all his grandchildren. Everytime he went overseas, he never forgot to bring one or two toys or souvenirs to give to his grandchildren. Every Friday, he would call all his children and grandchildren to go for dinner together. He wanted to make sure that all his children and grandchildren can build a close relationship to each other. Therefore this weekly outing has become a tradition in Mom's family.
Since I am Gong Gong's youngest grandson and I am not yet 2 years old, I may not remember him much when I am older. But Mom will always tell me that Gong Gong loved me very much. He carried me, pushed my stroller, played with me and even accompanied me when I had my meals when he visited me in Singapore.
Good bye, Gong Gong. Although I might be too young to remember you but I will always know that you loved me.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home