Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hospital Stay

Mom and I went to see the pediatrician again for review on Tuesday, but the outcome was not good. Apparently, my wheezing got worse and I did have a slight temperature for the past 2-3 days (38 - 38.5 degrees). The fact that I have a tendency for being asthmatic (due to hereditary) concerns the doctor. She instructed an X-ray to be performed on me and later on the result showed that there is no infection (thank goodness!). But she strongly suggested that I was to be admitted for 2 nights for close monitoring and more intensive care so that I can recover faster.

So, yesterday I was admitted at the children's ward. I was nebulized for 2 hourly, and then down to 3 hourly. I was also given different types of medicine. I was terrified of the nurses there (afraid of what they are planning to do on me) and preferred Mom to administer the medicine on me. When I slept, the nurse put an oxygen covered with damp towel near my face, and placed a sensor on my foot thumb to record my BP and to figure out how much oxygen that actually went in. The hospital stay was not pleasant at all. I cried a lot, vomited a few times (due to phlegm and bitter medicine) and couldn't sleep coz the nurse came in very often to check on me. Mom and Dad stayed overnight to accompany me.

But good thing that this morning, when the doctor went in to examine me, she found out that I was much much better. So Mom requested to bring me home and perform the nebulization at home. The doctor agreed and she let us go home. Mom is to nebulize me at home every 4 hours, until this coming Friday when she is supposed to bring me back again for review.
It's been a hard day for Mom, Dad and I. I really hope I can get better soon.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home